Ahead of his Newcastle visit, the 37-year-old Australian, who also won the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award 2011 - the biggest international children's and young adult literature award in the world - said: "Friends of mine recently visited Seven Stories and told me all about it so I am delighted I can pay a visit during my whistle-stop visit to the UK this summer.
What does ALMA stand for?
ALMA stands for Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award (literary award; Sweden)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALMA
We have 39 other meanings of ALMA in our Acronym Attic
- America Latina Misiones Al-Mundo (Houston, TX)
- American Latin Music Association
- American Latino Media Arts awards
- American Lebanese Medical Association
- Analytical Laboratory Managers Association
- Arabic Language Multilingual Application
- Architecture Level Modifiability Analysis (computer architecture)
- Assistance for Land-surface Modelling Activities
- Association of Laboratory Managers
- Association of Lutheran Mission Agencies
- Atacama Large Millimeter Array
- Australian Lesbian Medical Association (est. 1999)
- Adults Learning Mathematics Across Borders
- Antakirinja Land Management Aboriginal Corporation (Australia)
- Alliance Maghreb-Machrek pour l'Eau (French)
- Air Launched Missile Analysis Group
- All Major Commands
- Axillary Lymphatic Mapping Against Nodal Axillary Clearance
- All Marine Corps Activities
- All Marine Corps Activities
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2003, Sendak received the first Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, an annual international prize for children's literature established by the Swedish government.
The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award was created by the Swedish government after Lindgren's death in January 2002, and claims today to be the world's largest children's and young people's literary prize.
REPRESENTATIVES OF THE ASTRID LINDGREN MEMORIAL AWARD ARE GUESTS OF honour, and a Swedish delegation comprising writers, illustrators, storytellers and children's book publishers will also be present as the world's largest Latin American book fair, held in Guadalajara this month, places special focus for the first time on children's literature.
The 5 million SEK (approx 490,000 EURO) Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award was presented by H.
The Ramallah-based Tamer Institute will receive the annual Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award from Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria, along with the cheque for five million kronor (620,000 dollars/445,000 euros) at a ceremony in Stockholm on June 2.
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2008 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The winner of the sixth annual Astrid Lindgren Memorial award for literature has been named as Australian children's author Sonya Hartnett.
Four Canadian authors and illustrators and one Canadian reading promotion organization are among the 132 nominees for the 2007 Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award.