[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] I was able to tell Neil that the Asteroids and Remote Planets Section would be initiating 'Project Neil Bone' in his memory, the objective being to observe and characterise asteroids passing through very low phase angle at opposition, in the same way his namesake does at its next opposition on 2010 January 18, when its phase angle attains a value of just 0.
What does ARPS stand for?
ARPS stands for Asteroids and Remote Planets Section (British Astronomical Association)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ARPS
We have 19 other meanings of ARPS in our Acronym Attic
- Adjustable Rate Preferred Stock
- Advanced Radar Processing System
- Advanced Radioisotope Power Systems
- Advanced Regional Prediction System
- Alcohol Related Problems Survey
- Amherst Receiver Processor System
- Army Reserve Pre-Positioned Sets
- ASMIS Retrieval and Processing System
- Associate of the Royal Photographic Society
- Association of Railway Preservation Societies
- Atmospheric Research Program Staff (EPA)
- Auction Rate Preferred Stock
- Augmented Real-Time Processing System
- Automated Records Processing System
- Average Revenue Per Subscriber
- Amateur Radio Public Service Corps
- Arlington Radio Public Service Club (Arlington, VA)
- Access Region Prediction Table
- Acid Reflux Provocation Test (surgery)
- Adaptive Research Planning Teams
Samples in periodicals archive:
Richard Miles, Director, Asteroids and Remote Planets Section Close approaches of (1) Ceres Phase Date (UT) [Delta] R angle V AU AU ([degrees]) magnitude 2009 Feb 26.