They include former CBI director general Sir John Banham, former Cabinet Minister Lord Hutton, Professor Trevor Jones, director general of The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and former board director of the Wellcome Foundation, and Jeremy Curnock Cook, a leading figure in biosciences investment.
What does ABPI stand for?
ABPI stands for Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (London, England, UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ABPI
We have 4 other meanings of ABPI in our Acronym Attic
- Arkansas Business Publishing Group (Little Rock, AR)
- Able Seaman Photographer
- American Board of Psychological Hypnosis (Beverly, MA)
- Associated British Ports Holdings PLC (UK)
- Association of Black Public Health Students (est. 2001; Atlanta, GA)
- American Business & Personal Insurance (Seattle, WA)
- Ankle Brachial Pressure Index
- Ankle Systolic Blood Pressure Index (nutrition)
- Associação Brasileira da Propriedade Intelectual (Brazilian Intellectual Property Association; Brazil)
- Associated Business Publications International (New York, NY)
- Air-Britain: Photographic Images Collection (UK)
- Atomic Beam Polarized Ion Source
- Atombombombpocketknife (band)
- Actin-Binding Protein-Like
- Ammana Bio Pharma Limited (chemicals; Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Anthony Blake Photo Library (now Fresh Food Images; London, UK)
- As-Built Parts List
- Asian Business Publications Ltd. (UK)
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Automated Blood Product Labeling System
Samples in periodicals archive:
There's a misconception that there is a drugs bill problem in the UK," said Stephen Whitehead, chief executive of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
But the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) defended the use of quotas as a legitimate means of ensuring UK patients received the medicines they needed.
Trade body the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry said pharmacies up and down the country had recently reported worsening problems in securing supplies of dozens of prescription medicines because of the lucrative export trade.
Other prominent science organisations taking part in The Big Bang included The Earth Science Education Unit, The Science Museum and The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
The site is a joint venture from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI).
Medicines website A NEW website gives patients more information about medicines, telling people about the "life-cycle" of medicines in a joint venture by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.