I have been a member of AER, and its predecessor the American Association of Workers for the Blind (AAWB), since 1976, and the editor in chief of JVIB since 2005, so I am in the unique position of having experiences as a member of the international professional organization of the field of visual impairment and blindness, as well as the editor in chief of the leading international professional journal of record for the field.
What does AAWB stand for?
AAWB stands for Association of Workers for the Blind
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAWB
We have 2 other meanings of AAWB in our Acronym Attic
- Ann Arbor Women Artists
- Anti-Air Warfare Area
- As And When Applicable
- Asian American Women's Alliance
- Associated Automobile Workers of America
- Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists (est. 2013)
- Asian American Women Artists Alliance (est. 1998; Brooklyn, NY)
- Asian American Women Artists Association
- Air-to-Aiir Warfare Aircraft Control Unit
- American Association of Workers for the Blind (est. 1905)
- African American Web Connection
- Airport Authority of Washoe County (Nevada)
- Alamo Area Whippet Club (Texas)
- Anti-Air Warfare Center
- Anti-Air Warfare Commander
- Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator
- American Association for Women in Community Colleges
- Army Atomic Weapons Systems Safety Committee
- American Association of Women in Community and Junior Colleges (American Association of Community and Junior Colleges)
- Association of American Warehouse Control Officials
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following this, the American Association of Workers for the Blind (AAWB) appointed a board for certification of home teachers.
Richard Hoover, the developer and the most visible champion of the long cane technique, made a presentation to the 1947 conference of the American Association of Workers for the Blind (AAWB) in Baltimore.