This constitutes an attack on one of Canada's most important cultural institutions," said James Turk, executive director of the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT) in a press release.
What does AUT stand for?
AUT stands for Association of University Teachers
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AUT
We have 38 other meanings of AUT in our Acronym Attic
- Association of US West Retirees
- Abrams Upgrade Tank
- Action Unreal Tournament
- Advanced Unit Training
- Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran, Iran)
- Anhui University of Technology (China)
- Antenna Under Test
- Application Under Test
- Architektur und Tirol (German: Achitecture and Tyrol; Tyrol, Austria)
- Association des Usagers des Transports (French: Transport Users Association)
- Auckland University of Technology
- Authorised Unit Trust (UK)
- Automated Ultrasonic Test
- Automorphism (mathematics)
- Automotive Technology
- Autorisation d'Usage à des Fins Thérapeutiques (French: Authorization of Use for Therapeutic Purposes; World Anti-Doping Agency)
- Autoroute (Canada Post road designation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This decision comes on the heels of an ongoing censure of the school by the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT), because of the politicized nature of the school's governance structure.
But members of the Association of University Teachers and the National Association of Teachers in Further & Higher Education at the university have opted for strike action from next Tuesday.
Lecturers in NATFHE and the Association of University Teachers are carrying out a marking boycott as part of the dispute - leaving students fearing they may not graduate.
The Association of University Teachers (AUT) said employers had "gone to ground", with the result that no progress has been made.
The students' leaders say it is not fair that members of the Association of University Teachers and the National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education are refusing to mark exams in a row over pay.
Talks surrounding a pay deal between Strathclyde and the Association of University Teachers over the month-long pay dispute collapsed on Monday.