State and local public health agencies can assist hospitals (to) maximize community benefit by providing data, expertise and knowledge of local needs that ensure that the (community health needs assessments) and implementation strategy are coordinated with other relevant community efforts to improve the public's health," said Paul Jarris, MD, MBA, executive director of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, one of the groups that worked on the consensus statement.
What does ASTHO stand for?
ASTHO stands for Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of ASTHO in our Acronym Attic
- Aerospace Test Group (NASA)
- All States Tax Guide
- Asynchronous Signal Transition Graph
- Aussensteuergesetz (German: Foreign Tax Law)
- Auto Sales Training Group (career training)
- Australasian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (Australia)
- Autonomous Star Tracker Head #1 (US NASA)
- Alternative Strategies for the Handicapped (New Delhi, India)
- Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management (Southern Cross University; Australia)
- Associated Scientists to Help Minimize Allergies (clinical research; est. 1972; Seattle, WA)
- Absolute Solar Transmittance Interferometer (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement; US Department of Energy)
- Advanced Science and Technology Institute
- Advanced Simulation Technology Inc
- Aerospace Software and Technologies Institute (University of Technology, Delft)
- Agricultural Science and Technology Indicators
- American Service to India
- Ammonia Safety Training Institute
- Ankara Sehirlerarasi Terminal Isletmesi (Turkey)
- Anti-Submarine Target Indicator
- Applied Sciences Technological Institute, Inc. (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Development of the Action Agenda was sponsored by CDC, the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, the National Association of County and City Health Officials, the National Emergency Management Association, the National Conference of State Legislatures, the American Bar Association, the American Medical Association, and twelve additional national partner organizations.
Testimony by Association of State and Territorial Health officials to the Institute of Medicine committee on Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation December 19, 2002.
The guide builds on previous work conducted by CDC's Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response and brings together the work of five core national organizations: the Association of Public Health Laboratories, the Association of Schools of Public Health, the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, the National Association of County and City Health Officials and Trust for America's Health.
The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) has created a new resource called "Before the Swarm: Guidelines for the Emergency Management of Mosquito-Borne Disease Outbreaks.