Neither do the Association of Social Work Boards and many other licensing boards in the mental health professions.
What does ASWB stand for?
ASWB stands for Association of Social Work Boards
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASWB
We have 4 other meanings of ASWB in our Acronym Attic
- Anthropological Society of Western Australia
- Australian Severe Weather Association (est. 1998)
- Alamo Silver Wings Airborne Association (San Antonio, TX)
- Alberta Status of Women Action Committee (est. 1975; Canada)
- Anti-Submarine Warfare Advisory Committee
- Antisubmarine Warfare Air Control Ship
- Anti-Submarine Warfare Aircraft Control Unit
- Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (New York, NY)
- American Society of Women Accountants Educational Foundation
- Asian Shipping and Work Boat (professional conference)
- All Scrapers Will Be Found (Webmaster Guidelines)
- Armed Services Whole Blood Processing Laboratory
- Armed Services Whole Blood Processing Laboratory (US DoD)
- Advanced Special Warfare Craft
- Affine Smith-Waterman Cell
- Alaska State Writing Consortium
- Alberta Sheep and Wool Commission
- Alternate Serving Wire Center
- Alternative Sports World Cup
- American Serbian Woman's Caucus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Existing literature has focused on the ethical challenges of social media in professional practice with clients, use of social media as an expansion of research, and for online learning (Eccles, 2010; Giffords, 2009; NASW & Association of Social Work Boards [ASWB], 2005).
The 2010 Albright and Thyer article from the journal, Social Work Research, encourages the Association of Social Work Boards to publish in independent peer-reviewed journals, a series of psychometric studies on the reliability and validity of the social work licensing examinations they have developed.
This partnership makes possible the approval of more than 80 Wiley books for CE credit through such organizations as the American Psychological Association, American Nurses Credentialing Center, Association of Social Work Boards, National Board for Certified Counselors, and NAADAC, as well as many state licensing boards.
Magellan is approved as a continuing education provider/sponsor by the American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Web site (http://www.
May 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Providence Service Corporation today announced that its continuing education and professional development program, known as the Corporate University of Providence, has been officially recognized by The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider for social workers.
A recent survey by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), formerly the American Association of State Social Work Boards (AASSWB), found that at least seven states currently require licensure of social work faculty (J.