On December 22, a letter was sent to the Congressional leadership from the United States Conference of Mayors, National League of Cities, National Association of Counties, Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations, National Association of Regional Councils, National Association of Development Organizations, American Planning Association and the American Public Works Association stating: "On behalf of the nation's local elected officials, we are writing to express our support for economic recovery highway funding to flow quickly and directly to existing recipients: state departments of transportation and metropolitan planning organizations.
What does AMPO stand for?
AMPO stands for Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMPO
We have 2 other meanings of AMPO in our Acronym Attic
- Anterior Medial Preoptic Nucleus (neuroscience)
- Association de Motards aux Portes de la Normandie (French: Motorcyclists Association of the Ports of Normandy; Normandy, France)
- Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc.
- Advanced Maritime Projects Office
- Alpha-Methyl-P-Octopamine (biochemistry)
- American Medical Pharmaceutical Outlet (Shelbyville, KY)
- Análisis Multifuncional Programado y Objetivo (Spanish: Programmed Multifunctional Analysis and Objective; Costa Rican tax software)
- Anterior Medial Preoptic Nucleus
- Arabian Metal Products Organization (Saudi Arabia)
- American Politics (Journal)
- Australian Motorists' Petrol Company (Petrol brand owned by Caltex)
- Active Money Personal Pension (Standard Life)
- Actual Medicinal Product Pack (UK)
- Advanced Materials and Processing Program
- Advanced Motorcycle Paint Protection
- Agile Media Processing Platform (software)
- Altera Megafunction Partners Program
- Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl
- Architecture of Modern Political Power (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to decision participants and users on the ground, input was gathered from the National Association of Regional Councils, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), National Conference of State Legislators, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), Public Technology Institute, Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITSA), National Association of Regional Councils, International City/ County Management Association, America Association of Railways, Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (AMPO), National Association of Developmental Organizations and National Association of Counties.
Conference of Mayors, National Association of Regional Councils and the Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations to develop the Metropolitan Congestion Relief Act to target new, and some existing, federal resources for congest ed urban areas.