Despite a peace agreement in 2003 that ended the brutal 14-year civil war, during which fighters sexually assaulted girls and women and sometimes used them as "sex slaves", these types of violent abuse are still common, according to Lois Bruthus, head of the Association of Female Lawyers of Liberia (AFELL), a leading advocacy group.
What does AFELL stand for?
AFELL stands for Association of Female Lawyers of Liberia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Australian Federation of Employers and Industries
- Association Française pour l'Etude des Irrigations et du Drainage (French: French Association for the Study on Irrigation and Drainage)
- Asia Pacific Forum of Environmental Journalists
- Air Force Electronic Key Distribution System
- Air Force Electronic Key Management System
- Advanced Free-Electron Laser
- Australian Football Email League
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys
- Air Force Educational Leave of Absence
- Air Force Engineering & Logistics Information System
- Air Force Elements
- Air Force Element US Army Command and General Staff College
- Air Force Engineering Liaison Office
- Association des Facultés ou Établissements de Lettres et Sciences Humaines (French: Association of Faculties or Institutions of Arts and Humanities)
- Adaptive Finite Element Method (mathematics)
- Air Force Emergency Management (US Air Force)
- Alliance for Fire and Emergency Management
- Ansvar for Egen Mestring (Norwegian: Responsibility for Self Mastery)
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Association des Femmes Éducatrices du Mali (French: Association of Women Educators in Mali)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McVilla is not alone in her fight for justice; she has the support of the Association of Female Lawyers of Liberia (AFELL).