The Association of British Orchestras (ABO) is holding a fringe event to promote its message that "cultural education is crucial to the UK's employment and growth".
What does ABO stand for?
ABO stands for Association of British Orchestras
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABO
We have 59 other meanings of ABO in our Acronym Attic
- Amway Business Owner
- Annular Beam Oscillator
- Antibodies Blood Group
- Antibonding Bond Orbital
- Anybody but Obama (politics)
- Arbitration Out
- Army Budget Office
- Asociación Benedictina Olivetana Centro Educacional (Olivetana Benedictine Association Educational Center, Guatemala)
- Associated Builders and Owners
- Association des Bibliotechniciens de l'Ontario
- Atlanta Baroque Orchestra (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Automated Box Office (American Multi-Cinema, Inc.)
- Aviators Breathing Oxygen
- Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra & Choir
- Alberta Basketball Officials Association (Canada)
- Australian Bibliography of Agriculture
- A Bit Of A Ladies Man
- Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Advocate BroMenn Outpatient Center (Bloomington, IL)
- Agricultural Bank of China
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Vaizey was speaking at a meeting organised by the CBSO and the Association of British Orchestras, which are both warning that big cuts in public funding will damage orchestras and other arts groups.
By a remarkable coincidence, The Guardian employs Charlotte Higgins, the arts writer who earlier this year attacked Heritage Minister Alun Fred Jones for having the gall to speak Welsh at the Association of British Orchestras conference.
However, it is understood that along with the Association of British Orchestras, the body which represents the professional orchestra sector, it was not consulted about the cuts.
The Sage also consolidated its role as a major conference venue, the Association of British Orchestras voting BBC Radio 3 controller Roger Wright winner of the award for outstanding contribution to Britain's orchestral life.
Festival which has been organised by BBC Radio 3 and the Association of British Orchestras (ABO) to celebrate all aspects of orchestral life.
The Association of British Orchestras is also to stage its 2006 conference in Newcastle-Gateshead.