MRSA screening of patients in the intensive-care unit (ICU) produces cost savings for the whole hospital, according to a study published in the February 2011 issue of the American Journal of Infection Control, the official publication of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC).
What does APIC stand for?
APIC stands for Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APIC
We have 93 other meanings of APIC in our Acronym Attic
- American Public Information-highway Coalition
- APCO Project 25 Interface Committee
- Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (Cisco)
- Army Performance Improvement Criteria (US DoD)
- Asia Pacific Internet Company
- Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference (conference)
- Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
- Asian Pacific Islander Coalition (Washington)
- Asian Paint Industry Council
- Association des Patrons et Ingénieurs Catholiques (French: Association of Catholic Employers and Engineers; Belgium)
- Association for Promotion of International Cooperation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (various locations)
- Association Patronale pour l'Industrie et le Commerce (French: Employers' Association for Industry and Trade; Switzerland)
- Association pour le Patrimoine Industriel de Champagne-Ardenne (French: Association for Industrial Heritage of Champagne-Ardenne; Champagne-Ardenne, France)
- ATM Port Interconnect Controller
- Asian-Pacific International Congress of Anatomists (est. 2000)
- Asian Pacific Islander Community AIDS Project
- Asian Pacific Islander Coalition Against Tobacco (Seattle, WA)
- Asian and Pacific Islander Coalition Against War
- Alaska Process Industry Careers Consortium
Samples in periodicals archive:
The "Protect Our Patients" Visitor Education Toolkit is available from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), through a health education grant from The Clorox Company.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology Visit www.
Experts in infection control, embodied by the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), want long-term care providers to take a jab at their employees--that is, to encourage them to become vaccinated against influenza.
The conference was organized and sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases.
In: Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.