She received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Asian American Studies in 2007.
What does AAAS stand for?
AAAS stands for Association for Asian American Studies
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAAS
We have 78 other meanings of AAAS in our Acronym Attic
- Army After Action Reporting System
- Advanced Aircraft Armament System
- African and African-American Studies
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association of Asian Studies
- Amphibious Aviation Assault Ship
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes (French: Syrian Arab Archaeological Journal)
- Armored Antiaircraft System
- Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences
- Australian Accounting and Auditing Standards
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Server
- All Assam Adivasi Students Association
- Association for the Advancement of Agricultural Sciences in Africa
- Australian Alpaca Association - South Australian Region
- Australian Army Alpine Snowsports Association
- American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Area Agency on Aging of Somerset County (Somerset, PA)
- Assyrian American Association of Southern California
- All Ateneo Alumni of Southern California (Ateneo de Naga University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many aspects of the Association for Asian American Studies, for instance, are organized by country of origin, but because Hmong are in diaspora with no single homeland, it's difficult for scholars to secure slots to present a paper at their annual meetings.
ON APRIL 19, 2008, THE ASSOCIATION FOR ASIAN AMERICAN STUDIES HONORED Professor (Emeritus) Paul Takagi with a Lifetime Achievement Award during its Chicago conference on Where Is the Heart of AsianAmerica?
Earlier versions of this essay were presented at the Stanford History Gender and Sexuality Workshop (1995), the Association for Asian American Studies National Conference (1996), and the American Historical Association, Pacific Coast Branch Conference (1996).
Bonus served this past academic year as president of the Association for Asian American Studies.
Because so many universities have--at most--only one or two Filipino scholars, they network with each other primarily at large-scale annual gatherings such as those convened by the Association for Asian Studies and the Association for Asian American Studies.