From 1956 when independent television began to rival the BBC, Associated Television served the Midlands from Monday to Friday, whilst ABC Television provided the weekend output.
What does ATV stand for?
ATV stands for Associated Television (UK)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ATV
We have 88 other meanings of ATV in our Acronym Attic
- Amateur Television (Ham radio service)
- Analog Television
- Anterior Thoracic Vertebrae
- Aomori Television Broadcasting Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Appareils de Transformation de Vitesse (French: Processing Speed Devices)
- Apple TV (television appliance)
- Arbeidstijdverkorting (Dutch: reduction of working hours)
- Ariane Transfer Vehicle
- Armored Trooper Votoms (anime)
- Asia Television Limited (Hong Kong)
- Asymmetric Time-Varying
- Atazanavir (antiviral medication)
- Atlantic Television (Canada)
- Authority to Vote (various locations)
- Authorization to Verify (finance)
- Automated Transfer Vehicle (ESA/NASA)
- Automatic Test Verification
- Automatic Threshold Variation
- Automatic Transport Ventilator (medical device)
- Automatic Video Tracker
Samples in periodicals archive:
The primary reason for thinking that way is that I always associated television game shows with models and actors.
In Birmingham, she took the early portraits of the rising stars of the regionally-based Associated Television, such as Noel Gordon, later to star in Crossroads, and her portfolio also included many of the emerging pop stars of the 60s including the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Cilla Black and Gene Pitney, as well as social images of the day.
US programme makers Associated Television International, says the programme aims to investigate Diana's interest in spirituality.