The technology, known as Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (Nava), is a new mode of assisted mechanical ventilation that enables the brain of the patient, in this case a premature baby, to control the mechanical ventilator.
What does AMV stand for?
AMV stands for Assisted Mechanical Ventilation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMV
We have 77 other meanings of AMV in our Acronym Attic
- Analytical Method Validation (pharmaceuticals)
- Anime Music Video
- Annulus Master Valve (subsea oil & gas)
- Answers May Vary
- Approximate Market Value
- Armored Maintenance Vehicle
- Army Motor Vehicle
- Asbury Methodist Village (retirement community; Gaithersburg, MD)
- Asociación Mexicana de Video (Mexico)
- Asociación Mundial Veterinaria (Spanish: World Veterinary Association)
- Association Maquettiste Varoise (French artist association)
- Association Mondiale Vétérinaire (French: World Veterinary Association)
- Assurance Moto Verte (French insurance company)
- Average Monthly Volume (performance measurement)
- Avian Myeloblastosis Virus
- Antwerp Military Vehicles Association (Belgium)
- Approximate Mean Value Analysis
- Association Marocaine des Véhicules Anciens (French: Moroccan Association of Vintage Vehicles; Morocco)
- Association Mayennaise de Véhicules Anciens (French: Mayenne Association of Old Vehicles; Mayenne, France)
- American Vacuum Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their analysis determined a significant inverse relationship between Apgar score < 7 and 5 minutes, NICU admission, and need for assisted mechanical ventilation and umbilical artery pH by logistic regression.