The grant, issued through the Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters grant program, will purchase 26 self-contained breathing apparatus that include a SCBA unit, a face piece, a spare cylinder, voice amplification, buddy breathing option and a personal alert safety device.
What does AFGP stand for?
AFGP stands for Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (US DHS)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFGP
We have 2 other meanings of AFGP in our Acronym Attic
- Army Force Generation Model
- Arabidopsis Functional Genomics Network
- Ageless, Faceless, Gender-Neutral, Culturally-Ambiguous Adventure Person
- Association Française du Gaz Naturel pour Véhicules (French: French Association for Natural Gas Vehicles)
- A Fine Good Organization
- Another Freaking Growth Opportunity (polite form)
- As Families Grow Older (educational program)
- Air Force General Officer Matters Office (US DoD)
- American Fiber Green Products, Inc. (Tampa, FL)
- Antifreeze Glycoproteins
- Associazione Formazione Giovanni Piamarta (Italian: Giovanni Piamarta Education Association; est. 1992)
- Approved Force Gross Requirement
- Associazione Folcloristica Giovanile Regionale (Italian: Regional Youth Folk Association; Italy)
- Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (photo analysis)
- Averaged Freshman Graduation Rate (government education statistic)
- A'Famosa Golf Resort Bhd (Malaysia)
- Alberta Forest Genetic Resources Council (Canada)
- Aquaculture and Fish Genetics Research Programme (UK)
- Afghan Fleet and Group Services (Afghanistan)
- alt.fan.gene-scott (newsgroup)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The $209,000 grant award from the Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters Grant program was announced last week by U.
Under the President's preliminary budget request, "A Blueprint for New Beginnings: A Responsible Budget for America's Priorities," released last month, funding for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program would have been eliminated as part of a one-half billion dollar budget cut affecting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which administers the program.