bridge company trained the Iraqi unit on the emplacement of the assault float bridge, Mabey-Johnson bridge, and medium girder bridge.
What does AFB stand for?
AFB stands for Assault Float Bridge
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFB
We have 133 other meanings of AFB in our Acronym Attic
- Anaerobic Fluidized Bed
- Anderson Ferry Boat (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Anti-Friction Bearing
- Aortofemoral Bypass (medical procedure)
- Application for Benefits
- Apply for Benefits (various locations)
- Arbeitsstelle Friedensforschung Bonn (German: Peace Research Information Unit Bonn)
- Arc Fault Breaker (electrical)
- Armed for Battle (band)
- Armed Forces Band (various locations)
- Association des Familles de Besançon (French: Association of Families of Besançon; Besançon, France)
- Association Féline Belge (French: Belgian Cat Association; Belgium)
- Association Française des Banques (French: French Banking Association)
- Association Française des Bentrideurs (French: French Bentriders Association; recumbent cycling organization)
- Association Francaise des Bourses
- Association Française du Boxer (French: French Boxer Association; dog club)
- Atelier de Formation de Base (French: Basic Training Workshop)
- Athens First Bank (Synovus Bank)
- Atmospheric Fluidized Bed
- Authorized Foreign Bank (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The assault float bridge is a tactical bridge with a low silhouette that is not necessarily designed to remain in place for a long time.
Pearsall, USAF [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Soldiers guide a newly assembled assault float bridge section up the Tigris River.
 Dynamic Assault Float Bridging The ribbon bridge is the theater's primary assault float bridge.