In the 1960s, the potassium and magnesium salts of aspartic acid (potassium magnesium aspartate) were investigated as a treatment for fatigue, because of their potential to improve metabolic efficiency.
What does D stand for?
D stands for Aspartic Acid (amino acid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D
We have 1 other meaning of D in our Acronym Attic
- Creative Zen Vision: M (digital audio player)
- Creative Zen Vision W (multimedia player; Creative Technology Ltd.)
- Combat Zone Wrestling
- Czestochowa Poland (airport code)
- Combat Zone Wrestlin Federation
- Toronto Flight Information Region (ICAO)
- Chazan-Ziv-Zakai Bound
- Cale Zycie Z Debilami (Polish: Cale Living With Debilami; blog)
- 500 (Roman numeral)
- Absorbed Dose
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scientists used mixtures of both left- and right-handed aspartic acid (an amino acid) in laboratory experiments to see how temperature and other conditions affected formation of crystals of the material.
We have found that all of the resistant strains carried mutations that give rise to the substitution of phenylalanine for serine at position 83 and asparagine for aspartic acid at position 87 in GyrA (2).
Aspartic acid and Glutamic acid levels in HT on day 2 were significantly higher than the level observed in HS.
The aspartic acid in aspartame excites brain cells, some say to a dangerous level.
and we supplied about 1000 metric tons of aspartic acid to this customer," explained Ms.