12, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Cancer Prevention Institute of California (CPIC) and three other institutions have released new research findings to demonstrate that the massive collaborative effort known as the San Francisco Hep B Free campaign has increased awareness, testing and vaccination for chronic hepatitis B - a silent killer and the leading cause of liver cancer - in the city's Asian and Pacific Islander community.
What does API stand for?
API stands for Asian and Pacific Islander (US Census usage)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of API
We have 629 other meanings of API in our Acronym Attic
- Applied Planning International Inc.
- Arab Payments and Securities Settlement Initiative
- Arab Peace Initiative
- Arab Planning Institute (Kuwait)
- Architectural Publications Index
- Arithmetic Polynomial Interpolation
- Armor-Piercing Incendiary (ammunition)
- Aromatic Polyimide Insulation
- Ascendant Partners, Inc.
- Asia Pacific Initiative (various organizations)
- Asian Pacific Islander (club)
- Asian Public Intellectuals
- Asociación Pueblos Indios (Spanish: Indian Peoples' Association; Costa Rica)
- Asosiasi Pertekstilan Indonesia (Indonesian Textile Association)
- AssassinPokémon Initiative (Anti-Pokemon Organization)
- Asset Performance Inc. (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Asset Priority Index
- Assistant Principal for Instruction
- Assistent Project Ingenieur (Dutch: Assistant Project Engineer)
- Associate in Personal Insurance (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Starting today and for the next 10 months, Spensko-Edelman will host a Tuesday afternoon radio show on KLAV AM-1230 featuring voices speaking Asian and Pacific Islander languages to try to boost participation in the count next spring.
This ideological construct portrays Asian and Pacific Islander Americans as passive populations that do not experience racial discrimination, violence, and social problems (Vo, 2004).
OFELIA VIRTUCIO COORDINATOR, AQUA 25, A GAY YOUTH PROGRAM AT THE ASIAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER WELLNESS CENTER, SAN FRANCISCO Ofelia Virtucio's need to find other gay and lesbian Asian-Pacific Islander young people brought her to the Asian and Pacific Islander Wellness Center and its gay youth program, Aqua 25.
National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS agenda.
High HIV risk among gay Asian and Pacific Islander men in San Francisco.
People of Asian and Pacific Islander descent make up more than half the world's population and more than 5 percent (16.
Retailer celebrates Asian and Pacific Islander Americans throughout Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and beyond BENTONVILLE, Ark.