Rhino horns are sought by international syndicates that sell them to the Asian traditional medicine market, where the substance is falsely believed to have healing properties.
What does ATM stand for?
ATM stands for Asian Traditional Medicine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ATM
We have 419 other meanings of ATM in our Acronym Attic
- Applying the Mathematics (UCSMC Math Textbooks)
- Arabian Travel Market
- Archives of Traditional Music (Indiana University)
- Area Telecommunications Manager (government personnel responsible for telecommunications in a specific region)
- Area Training Manager (various organizations)
- Army Ten-Miler
- Around The Moon (soccer maneuver)
- Articolazione Temporo Mandibolare (Italian: Tempomandibular Articulation)
- Articulación Temporo-Mandibular (Spanish)
- ASEAN Transport Ministers
- Assembly, Test, & Manufacturing
- Assessment Team Members (various organizations)
- Assessoria Técnica de Mercado Ltda.
- Assign Traffic Metering (US DoD)
- Assistant Trainmaster
- Association des Tondeurs de Moutons (French: Association of Sheep Shearers)
- Association of Teachers of Mathematics
- Association of Texas Midwives
- Association of Textile Manufacturers
- Association Tunisienne des Mères (Tunisian Mother's Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, pollution and widespread harvesting - mainly for use in Asian traditional medicine - have made several breeds vulnerable to extinction.
For example, Alaska Antler Products, another World Trade Center Alaska member, can analyze ACIB database information to help determine asking prices and current market penetration for its reindeer antlers, a highly sought ingredient for Asian traditional medicines.