But nationally, support services aimed at not only Southeast Asians but all Asian Pacific Islander students remain scarce in higher education, experts say, despite studies showing worrisome disparities among subgroups in degree attainment, retention and family income.
What does API stand for?
API stands for Asian Pacific Islander (club)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of API
We have 629 other meanings of API in our Acronym Attic
- Arab Payments and Securities Settlement Initiative
- Arab Peace Initiative
- Arab Planning Institute (Kuwait)
- Architectural Publications Index
- Arithmetic Polynomial Interpolation
- Armor-Piercing Incendiary (ammunition)
- Aromatic Polyimide Insulation
- Ascendant Partners, Inc.
- Asia Pacific Initiative (various organizations)
- Asian and Pacific Islander (US Census usage)
- Asian Public Intellectuals
- Asociación Pueblos Indios (Spanish: Indian Peoples' Association; Costa Rica)
- Asosiasi Pertekstilan Indonesia (Indonesian Textile Association)
- AssassinPokémon Initiative (Anti-Pokemon Organization)
- Asset Performance Inc. (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Asset Priority Index
- Assistant Principal for Instruction
- Assistent Project Ingenieur (Dutch: Assistant Project Engineer)
- Associate in Personal Insurance (insurance)
- Associated Press International
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other worker centers have formed to organize Asian Pacific Islander workers to fight the exploitation of workers and abuse within Asian communities (Wong, 2000).
Komen Foundation, REACH 2010's Promoting Access To Health (PATH) Project, and Asian Pacific Islander Tobacco Education Network).
This contributes heavily, educators say, to today's dearth of a formal Asian Pacific Islander pipeline into the law professoriate.
The term Asian Pacific Islander American or APIA includes more than 49 different ethnic groups (speaking over 100 languages and dialects) who originate from Asia, the Pacific Rim, and the Pacific Islands (Tanjasiri, Wallace & Shibata, 1995).