Our goal was to estimate the incidence of LCMV-associated aseptic meningitis and encephalitis diagnosed within a well-defined population.
What does AM stand for?
AM stands for Aseptic Meningitis (illness)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AM
We have 232 other meanings of AM in our Acronym Attic
- Arithmetic Mean
- Arkansas and Missouri (railroad)
- Armenia (top-level domain)
- Army Management
- Arranged Marriage
- Arrêté Ministériel (Belgium cabinet decree)
- Arteriovenous Malformation
- Arthrogryposis Multiplex (genetic defect; cattle)
- Artium Magister (Latin: master of arts)
- Arts et Métiers (French Engineers School)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aseptic meningitis was also significantly more prevalent among male lupus patients.
Aseptic meningitis cases account for tens of thousands of hospitalizations every year.
Another on-going project involves screening ticks for evidence of genetic sequences characteristic of a novel human enterovirus responsible for aseptic meningitis we found several years ago.
If untreated, some patients may develop arthritis, including intermittent episodes of swelling and pain in the large joints; neurologic abnormalities, such as aseptic meningitis, facial palsy, motor and sensory nerve inflammation, and inflammation of the brain; and rarely, cardiac problems.