Funded by Liverpool city council and the Arts Council of England, the festival - which aims to overturn negative representations of Africa and highlight its culture and music - has won a string of awards in the 19 years of its existence.
What does ACE stand for?
ACE stands for Arts Council of England
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACE
We have 1418 other meanings of ACE in our Acronym Attic
- Armored Combat Earthmover, M9
- Armored Combat Engineer
- Armored Combat Excavator
- Army Center for Excellence
- Army Communities of Excellence (Award program for Army bases)
- Army Continuing Education
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Army Countermeasures Evaluator
- Array Clamp Electronics
- Articulation and Collaboration for Excellence (education)
- Arts for a Complete Education
- Arts, Culture and Education (various locations)
- Arts, Culture and Entertainment (awards; Illinois)
- ASAS Collateral Enclave
- ASCII Compatible Encoding
- ASEAN Center for Energy
- Ashepoo, Combahee, and Edisto (South Carolina coastal river basin environment)
- Asia Capacity Exchange
- Ask, Care, Escort (suicide prevention training; US Army)
- Asociación de Colegiales Evangélicos (Association of Evangelical Collegiates; University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Mia Jafari obtained funding from the Arts Council of England to research traditional modes of hand embroidery in Iran and came back to the UK to work with graphic designer, Claire Mason, in London to create the 'digi-broidery' that is used in her latest collection.
It is led by the Accord Group of housing associations and partfunded with pounds 8,000 from the Arts Council of England.
Cultural commentator Germaine Greer joins Sir Christopher Frayling, chairman of the Arts Council of England, Anthony Sargeant, former head of arts at Birmingham City Council and now chief executive of The Sage music centre in Gateshead, and Birmingham Post arts editor Terry Grimley at the International Convention Centre on June 18 in a free-ranging debate as part of the New Generation Arts Festival.
The Arts Council of England, North East, has recently awarded the society the cash.
Plant Invasion is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, Liverpool Culture Company, the Arts Council of England and is Hope Street's contribution to the Creative Communities' Around the City in 80 Days project.
Resonance founders Ed Baxter and Phil England won a grant from the Arts Council of England, secured a temporary broadcast license through the Radio Authority's Access Radio pilot program, and began transmitting first eight and finally thirteen hours of new programming every day on a three-mile-wide FM signal and simultaneous webcast.
The GBP10,000 prize will be split between the author and the translator and is supported by The Arts Council of England and Champagne Taittinger.