An artist's proof is a trial print and is made first.
What does A/P stand for?
A/P stands for Artist's Proof (also seen as AP)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of A/P
We have 193 other meanings of A/P in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Placement (education)
- Aircrew Personnel
- Alert Pending
- All Purpose (various companies)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Annuity given a Principal
- Artist's Print
- Assassin/Paragon (gaming)
- Assessment & Plan (medical)
- Associate Professor
- Authorize to Pay
- Automatic Phase Controller
- Automatic Pilot
- Autopilot Flight Director System (aviation)
- Aging Parents and Adult Children Together
- Asia/Pacific Research Center (Stanford University)
- Ab initio Perturbed Ion (quantum classification method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Raffle tickets, costing pounds 1, are still on sale for the chance to win an artist's proof of a Welsh Black bull, painted by Sir Kyffin Williams and donated by his old friend OG Thomas, Chwaen Goch, Llanerchymedd.
Highlights this year include an artist's proof from Tracey Emin called For You, featuring her cat Docket.
Brandywine prints are struck in editions of 100 prints and 20 artist's proofs.
Up for grabs were 582 hedcuts of the famous, and the somewhat less so--each with the original artist's proof.
A few years ago, the Anderson Gallery at Broadway unearthed a cache of Turner engravings, some of which were the artist's proofs and had in fact passed through Turner's hands.
This piece (labeled "AP 18," meaning "the 18th Artist's Proof") is part of an edition of eight trial proofs, 20 artist's proofs and 200 final prints.