They are part of an Artillery Meteorological System (Amets), used to make hydrogen for balloons that tested the accuracy of artillery fire.
What does ARTYMET stand for?
ARTYMET stands for Artillery Meteorological (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Automated Real Time Tidal Elevation System
- Amsterdam Research on Talk and Text in Institutional Settings
- A Rocket to the Moon (band)
- Automated Real-Time Test System
- Arts and Recreation Training Victoria (Australia)
- Artificial Vision (mobile robotics)
- Aerospace Reconnaissance Technical Wing
- Advanced Range Technologies Working Group (NASA)
- Ada Real-Time Executive