There aren't just birds out there, there are many hundreds of different species of birds," says Longcore, who along with Rich co-edited the book, Ecological Consequences of Artificial Night Lighting.
What does ANL stand for?
ANL stands for Artificial Night Lighting
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANL
We have 58 other meanings of ANL in our Acronym Attic
- Aliança Nacional Libertadora (Portuguese: National Liberation Alliance; Brazilian political group)
- All Night Long
- American National Life (insurance)
- Amitié Nature Lyon (French outdoor activity club)
- Amplitude Noise Limiting
- Anti Nazi League (UK)
- Argonne National Laboratory (Argonne, IL)
- Arm Non-Lethal
- Army Natick Labs
- Associated Newspapers Limited (UK)
- Association Nautique du Légué (French boating association)
- Association Normandy Loisirs (French: Normandy Recreation Association; Normandy, France)
- Associazione Noi per Loro (Italian)
- Automatic Noise Limiter (radio communications)
- Automatic Noise Limiting/Leveling
- Aylesford Newsprint Limited (England)
- Net Laying Ship
- Argonne National Laboratory, Idaho Division
- Argonne National Laboratory - East (Argonne, Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Try moving the cactus into a cooler space away from artificial night lighting.
Light pollution and the impact of artificial night lighting on insects.
Ecological Consequences of Artificial Night Lighting Catherine Rich and Travis Longcore, Editors Island Press 1718 Connecticut Avenue Northwest Suite 300, Washington, D.
He presents some of the data that he and Case collected in a chapter in Ecological Consequences of Artificial Night Lighting (Island Press, 2006).
From anecdotal reports of little-studied phenomena--such as moths' tendency to perish, Icarus-style, in lamps and flames-researchers suspect that artificial night lighting disrupts the physiology and behavior of nocturnal animals.