Nel suo denso saggio Stratigrafie decameroniane Simone Marchesi inizia dalla nozione di ars combinatoria introdotta nella critica boccacciana da Giuseppe Velli in un famoso articolo apparso su Italia medievale e umanistica nel 1977.
What does ARSCOMB stand for?
ARSCOMB stands for Ars Combinatoria
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Agricultural Research Service Culture Collection (National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research; Peoria, IL)
- alt.religion.scientology Central Committee (purported coordinating organization for scientology critics who post on the news group)
- American Radiation Safety Conference and Exposition
- Association of Retired Seattle City Employees
- Approximate Relativistic Self Consistent Field
- Approximate Relativistic Self Consistent Field (with) Corrections
- Air Refueling Flight Schedule
- Applied Research in Semi-Conducting Hyperwavelets
- Active Remote Sensing of Clouds
- Association of Roller and Silent Chain Manufacturers (now the American Chain Association)
- Alaska Remote Sensing & Cartographic Services
- Acid Related Stomach Disorders
- All Russian Society of Disabled People
- Apollo-Ridge School District (Spring Church, Pennsylvania)
- Army Selca Day
- Arylsulfatase D
- Australian Railway Supply Detachment
- Salvage Lifting Ship
- All Russian Service for Disaster Medicine
- Aerial Refueling Systems Development Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hurley suggests that Handel's use of diverse, short motives in ars combinatoria results in a paratactic style and that many of his revisions are an attempt to impart a more hypotactic or seamless continuity to the music.
In general, Lohr's work seems to be generated from an ars combinatoria, based on mathematical calculations.