However last May, Defence Secretary Philip Hammond announced the MoD was reverting to the jump jet version amid fears the costs of fitting the necessary catapults and arrestor gear - "cats and traps" - were spiralling out of control.
What does ARST stand for?
ARST stands for Arrestor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARST
- Asian Regional Space Settlement Design Competition
- Acquisition Reform Senior Steering Group
- Active-Radar Sea-Skimming Martel
- Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic
- Automated Ready Supply Store System
- Advanced Reactive System Screening Tool (calorimeter; Fauske & Associates, LLC)
- Army Space Support Team
- Aerial Reconnaissance & Security Troop
- Aerial Reconnaissance Support Team
- Argentina Summer Time (time zone)
- Association for the Rhetoric of Science and Technology
- Azienda Regionale Sarda Trasporti (Italian: Regional Transport of Sardinia)
- Salvage Craft Tender
- Army Staff, HQ DA
- Army Staff (Pentagon)
- Army Forces Strategic Command
- Army Strategic Command (US Army Space and Missile Defense Command)
- Army Structure (US Army)
- Adobe Reader Speed-Up (software plugin)
- Airsoft Ranger Sport Verein (German: Airsoft Ranger Sport Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Chalwyn diesel engine spark arrestor prevents the risk of fire from the ignition of flammable material caused by spark emission from the exhaust and can replace existing silencers.
It features four analog inputs and two digital channels, built-in surge protection on the I/O channels and a lightning arrestor on the satellite antenna for increased product reliability.
Despite deploying the aircraftOs braking parachute, the pilot also had to use the arrestor cable at the end of the runway after extending the TyphoonsO arrestor hook.
Witt Flashback arrestors can be mounted in any position or orientation with one flashback arrestor connected to protect each individual piece of equipment.
Three cases, one fatal, involved the arrestor sleeve running off the end of the rail, even though end stops were installed.