Postal Operations Essentially functioning as the Army's postmaster, the Postal Operations Division (POD) provided technical guidance and oversight to ensure Army post offices were compliant with applicable policies and regulations.
What does APO stand for?
APO stands for Army Post Office
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APO
We have 171 other meanings of APO in our Acronym Attic
- Apollo Program Office
- Application Platform Optimization (Microsoft)
- Application Portfolio Optimization (asset management)
- Application Process Outsourcing
- Apprentice Police Officer (various locations)
- Ares Projects Office
- Arlington Philharmonic Orchestra (Arlington, MA)
- Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra (Yerevan, Armenia)
- Army & Air Force Post Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
We worked in the army post office in the HPD at Mill Hill North London.
Then he was sent to England as well where he worked in an army post office until returning to Manitoba in December of 1945.
2) Although "APO" is the acronym for Army Post Office, in this case it refers to a mobile garrison force.
Not only was I the new junior officer (JO) in the unit, I was now the Officer-in-Charge (OIC) of a 31 member postal detachment, responsible for financial and operational control of five Army Post Offices (APOs) located in northern and southern Kuwait, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II.
The couple met in her home town of Burton on Trent, where he was a US soldier, assigned to the 513th Army Post Office.