The Army nomenclature refers to the vehicle in our example as a "Trk, Util M998A.
What does AN stand for?
AN stands for Army Nomenclature
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AN
We have 50 other meanings of AN in our Acronym Attic
- Annum (Latin: Year)
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Ansett Australia Airlines (flight number prefix)
- Antonov (Soviet aircraft designer)
- Apocalypse Now (movie)
- Arabian Nights
- Aragonese (ISO 639-1 language code)
- Archives Nationales du Canada (National Archives of Canada)
- Army Interoperability Network
- Army Navy (hydraulic or pneumatic fitting used in the aerospace industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is official Army nomenclature for this commendation, but for those of us who earned it for our required military service between 1955-57, it was known as the Suez Sweat Medal.