His father, an army aviator, was reportedly the love of aviator Amelia Earhart s life.
What does ARAV stand for?
ARAV stands for Army Aviator
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ARAV
We have 1 other meaning of ARAV in our Acronym Attic
- Avion de Recherche Atmosphérique et de Télédétection (French)
- Australian Rehabilitation Assistive Technology Association (technology for people with disabilities)
- Amateur Radio Association of the Tonawandas (Tonawanda, NY)
- Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits
- Atelier de Recherche et d'Action Urbaines (French: Workshop on Urban Research and Action; Brussels, Belgium)
- Auxiliary Register Arithmetic Unit
- Adventure Racing Association of the UK and Ireland
- Animal Rights Advocates of Upstate New York (Rochester, NY)
- Aegis Readiness Assessment Vehicles
- Aravan Bat Virus
- Asociación Regional Altaverapacense (Spanish: Altaverapacense Regional Association; Guatemala)
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians
- Australian Retailers Association Victoria
- Association for Rural Advancement through Voluntary Action and Local Involvement (India)
- Army Aviator Badge
- Adaptive Resource Allocating Vector Quantizer
- Auxiliary and Radwaste Area Ventilation System
- American Rights at Work (Washington, DC)
- Asynchronous Ruby and XML
- Antwerp-Rotterdam-Amsterdam-Zeebrugge (shipping)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most books on MEDEVAC, such as Roald Dahl's The Forgotten Warriors, Michael Nosovel's Dustoff: The Memoir of an Army Aviator, and John Cook's Rescue Under Fire, concentrate on its role in Vietnam.
Following his transfer from The National Guard to The Army he served in both infantry and artillery branches as a senior army aviator logging 6000 flight hours flying nearly every aircraft within the army.
He lauded the sacrifices of Pakistan Army aviators towards defence of the country and humanitarian assistance.
Although most of the attacks fail to hit the target to keep the enemy off guard, Army aviators frequently change altitudes, speeds and routes.
Since Army aviators and tankers were first outfitted more than 25 years ago, NOMEX uniforms and uniform items are now being provided to a range of Soldiers who may be exposed to fire.
James Simmons, a deputy commander of the US-led MNF and an Army aviator, recently told reporters multiple weapons systems had been used against US troops before, in attacks south of Baghdad in 2006.
Skimin--a former paratrooper, Army aviator, and artillery officer--presents American military history through the lives of its heroes.