Byline: ANI Washington, Dec 22 (ANI): The consumption of popular Chinese herbal products containing carcinogen aristolochic acid is linked to an increased risk of urinary tract cancer, a new study has found.
What does AAI stand for?
AAI stands for Aristolochic Acid I (toxicology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AAI
We have 258 other meanings of AAI in our Acronym Attic
- AMMRL Activity Identifier
- Analisi Ambientale Iniziale (Italian: Initial Environmental Assessment)
- Angle of Approach Indicator
- Ankle-Arm Index (atherosclerosis)
- Antenna-Air Interface
- Aortic Arch Interruption
- Applications Alarms Infrastructure
- Arab American Institute (Washington, DC)
- Architectural Association of Ireland (Dublin, Ireland; est. 1896)
- Area of Archaeological Importance (UK)
- Arkansas Aging Initiative
- Armstrong Associates, Inc.
- Army Analysis Intelligence
- Arrival Aircraft Interval (air traffic control)
- Asean Australasia and India
- Asia America Initiative (Washington, DC)
- Asian American Institute
- Asian Arts Initiative (various locations)
- Asociación Argentina para la Infancia (Spanish)
- Asosiasi Advokat Indonesia (Indonesian Advocates Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The herb contains aristolochic acid I (AA-I), which has recently caused several incidents of poisoning in Hong Kong.
For example, aristolochic acid is not produced in the United States and the federal government has in place an import ban on it.