Oncologists have become increasingly leery about the effects of nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors on bone since investigators in the Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination (ATAC) trial, the world's largest-ever breast cancer treatment study, reported that anastrozole-treated patients had a significantly higher fracture rate than those randomized to tamoxifen.
What does ATAC stand for?
ATAC stands for Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination (cancer study)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATAC
We have 97 other meanings of ATAC in our Acronym Attic
- All Terrain All Conditions (boots)
- All Terrain Articulated Crane
- American Teens Against Crime (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers book series)
- Anti Terrorism Alert Center (US)
- Anti-Terrorism Advisory Committee
- Anti-Terrorism Advisory Council
- Antiterrorism Alert Center (Navy) (US DoD)
- Antiterrorist Alert Center
- Apparel Textile Action Committee (Canada)
- Area Tallahassee Aquatic Club (Florida)
- Arizona Transfer Articulation Committee (Phoenix, AZ)
- Army Tank-Automotive Center (US Army; predecessor to TACOM)
- Art Talks Artists' Collective
- Artelisys Technical Assistance Center (Ewa Beach, HI)
- Asociación Tecnológica Amateur de Comunicaciones
- Asset Tracking and Accountability Control System
- Association of Theatrical Artists and Craftspeople (Bloomfield, NJ)
- Association Technique pour l'Action Culturelle (French: Technical Association for Cultural Action)
- Association Terre d'Aragon en Cabardès (French: Land Association of Aragon Cabardès; Aragon, France)
- Atrial Tachycardia (medical)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Houghton and colleagues of the Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination (ATAC) Trialists' Group, London.