Isotonic fluid administration is further discouraged in hyponatraemic patients with inappropriate arginine vasopressin secretion.
What does ARVP stand for?
ARVP stands for Arginine Vasopressin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARVP
We have 4 other meanings of ARVP in our Acronym Attic
- Average Result Versus Line (sports)
- Asymmetric Reversible Variable Length Code
- Adult Rat Ventricular Myocyte (biochemistry)
- Armoured Recovery Vehicle Medium (Australian Army)
- Anomalous Right Ventricular Muscle Bundles
- Acute Right-Ventricular Myocardial Infarction
- Amateur Radio/Video News (video production company)
- Army of the Republic of Vietnam
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Alternate Regional Vice Presidents (air traffic control union)
- Association of Religious Vocation Personnel (UK)
- Autonomous Robotic Vehicle Project (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Arkansas Virtual School
- Association of Racecourse Veterinary Surgeons (UK)
- Automotive and Recreational Vehicle Services (Assurant Solutions; Atlanta, GA)
- Antiretroviral Therapy (HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment)
- Automatic Requirements Verification Tractability Matrix System
- Advanced Raster Workstation
- Advanced Research Workshop
- Aeroelastic Research Wing
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study, a collaboration between scientists at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the University of Utah, found that people with WS flushed with the hormones oxytocin and arginine vasopressin (AVP) when exposed to emotional triggers.
Plasma arginine vasopressin response to insulin induced hypoglycemia.
Respiratory and haemodynamic values were recorded before and during a continuous infusion of arginine vasopressin sufficient to double the mean arterial pressure.
Key agents in development are primarily focused on targeting cardiovascular neurohormonal pathways, such as arginine vasopressin antagonists (which include Otsuka's Tolvaptan) and renin-angiotensin aldosterone system modulators (which include Novartis's Aliskiren).
Cases of life-threatening hypotonic encephalopathy and fatal cerebral edema demonstrated euvolemia with non-osmotic secretion of arginine vasopressin (AVP), fulfilling the essential diagnostic criteria for the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Arginine vasopressin (AVP) was extracted using previous methods (7) using an AVP Radioimmunoassay kit supplied from Diagnostic Systems Laboratories, Texas, USA.