We need to move more money from direct payments into environmental schemes and there is a strong case for moving support from cereal production into sectors that really need support to survive, such as the livestock sector which often farms in areas of high landscape value.
What does AHLV stand for?
AHLV stands for Areas of High Landscape Value (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AHLV
- Annual Heat Load Requirement (utilities)
- Avansert Hjerte-Lunge-Redning (Norwegian: Advanced Heart Resuscitation)
- Advanced Hazmat Life Support (continuing medical education course)
- Advanced Human Life Support
- African Heritage Literature Society
- American Heritage Lecture Series (Buena Vista University; Storm Lake, IA)
- Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (formerly CHCS II; US DoD military health system)
- Aw Hell, Let's Try Again
- Association of Hungarian Linux Users
- American Hop Latent Virus (plant pathology)
- Academy for Healthcare Management
- Acutely Hazardous Material
- Adaptive Handoff Management
- Africa Harvest Mission (Virginia)
- Airline History Museum (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Airport Handling Manual
- All Hands Meeting
- Allowance Monthly Holder
- Alt.Hackers.Malicious (newsgroup)
- American Home Mortgage (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is on areas of high landscape value and where traditional farming has played a major role in the culture and tourist attracting potential of the region.
With the livestock sector under so much pressure and, considering they often farm in areas of high landscape value, there is a case for moving support across from cereal production to livestock farmers.