The area has been designated an area of Special Scientific Interest and is carefully managed.
What does ASSI stand for?
ASSI stands for Area of Special Scientific Interest (conservation designation; Northern Ireland, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASSI
We have 23 other meanings of ASSI in our Acronym Attic
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Australian Society for Sports History (est. 1983)
- Average Steady-State Haematocrit (hematology)
- Assessment Strategies in Scottish Higher Education Project Inventory (UK)
- Area of Sinusoidal Surface Hepatocyte Nuclear Predominance
- Australasian Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy (Sidney, NSW, Australia)
- Ab Statens Skogsindustrier
- Additional Special Skill Indicator
- Aerial Scout Sensors Integration
- Airglow Solar Spectrometer Instrument
- Arvin Suspension Systems Italy
- Association of Small Scale Industries (India)
- Associazione di Storia e Studi Sull'Impresa (Italian: Association of History and Business Studies)
- Adaptive Spectrum and Signal Alignment Inc. (Redwood City, CA)
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts
- Association du Service Infirmier Angevin
- Acton Support Services and Information Centre (Canada)
- Aviation Spares & Services International Company (est. 1992; Washington)
- Associates in Development (Ghana)
- Australian Society for the Study of Intellectual Disability
Samples in periodicals archive:
Between the park and the nearby town of Pwllheli, you'll also discover an Area of Special Scientific Interest which can be explored on foot.
It is an area of Special Scientific Interest due to its wet woodland habitat which is rare in Cheshire and it's home to less common birds like the willow tit.
Paul Cross, defending, said Gilmore had not been aware it was an area of special scientific interest and on returning to the site saw no obvious signs that it was.
The crash area is an area of conservation because of the peat bogs and it's also an area of Special Scientific Interest.
The Lib Dem councillor said he was worried the resort would wreck a protected area of special scientific interest.
It's an area of special scientific interest, and the farm has been in my husband's family for three generations.
This area is meant to be part of a regional park for the Belfast hills - this isn't a dream any more but a reality and it's also an area of Special Scientific Interest," said Margaret.