The peacekeepers were detained by armed elements linked to the Syrian opposition on Wednesday within UNDOF's area of limitation on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights east of the area of separation, or UNDOF's demilitarized zone, and had been held in the basements of various houses in Al Jamla, he said.
What does AOL stand for?
AOL stands for Area of Limitation (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AOL
We have 122 other meanings of AOL in our Acronym Attic
- Alarm on LAN
- Algebra of Limits (mathematical analysis)
- All Operator Letter (airline industry)
- Alliance of Light
- America Online, Inc.
- Ampullae of Lorenzini (sensing organs; fish)
- Angel of Light
- Application Object Library
- Archers of Loaf (band)
- Área de Olho de Lombo
- Army of Light (Starwars Galaxies guild)
- Art of Living
- Assyria on Line
- Asynchronous On-Line (training)
- Atmosphere, Ocean, Land
- America Online Instant Messenger
- Acquisition of Land Act (Australia)
- Advanced Organization of Los Angeles (Scientology; Los Angeles, CA)
- Adventures of Luther Arkwright (Bryan Talbot graphic novel)
- America Online Latin America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday condemned the detention of 21 United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers by armed elements in the vicinity of Al Jamla in the area of limitation and called for their immediate release.
The US and UK tried to insert a paragraph in the draft that would "note the Secretary-General's finding (in his latest report) that anti-government demonstrations in Syria have spread to the area of limitation on the Syria side" of the border.