00 Paperback QL84 This slim reference answers questions about the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, summarizes the purposes of the Refuge, provides a timeline and partial bibliography of scientific publications, and lists the mammal, bird, and fish species found in the reserve.
What does ANWR stand for?
ANWR stands for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (Alaska, USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANWR
We have 1 other meaning of ANWR in our Acronym Attic
- Association of North Western Car Clubs (UK)
- Anaesthetic Web Site List
- Association of Naval Weapons Engineering & Scientists
- African Nuclear Weapon Free Zone
- Arctic and North Working Group
- Association of Northwest Weavers' Guilds (Canada and US)
- Associazione Nordic Walking Italia (Nordic Walking Association of Italy)
- Asian Network of Women in Communication
- Academic Network for Wireless Internet Research in Europe
- Alaskan National Wildlife Reserve
- African-New World Studies
- Association of Northwest Steelheaders (Milwaukie, OR)
- Army Nuclear Weapons Stockpile Reliability Program
- Algemeen Nederlandsch Werklieden Verbond (Dutch: General Dutch Workers Association)
- Advanced Network Exchange
- Adventrx Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA)
- Annex Records
- Ascending Node Crossing (satellites)
- Assign NNXX Routing (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the United States, House Representatives Edward Markey (D-MA) and Jim Ramstad (R-MN) have introduced legislation calling for a permanent ban on oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and the declaration of the park's 1,235,500 coastal acres as a protected wilderness.
What exactly would opening Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to oil drilling mean?
ENVIRONMENT The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) is a 19.
The organization's goals include seeking solutions to global warming, strengthening the Endangered Species Act, and working to limit oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.