We're drawn to bands with dissonance and melody, but also bands that refused to compromise anything and did things their own way; bands like Sonic Youth, Pavement, and Archers of Loaf.
What does AOL stand for?
AOL stands for Archers of Loaf (band)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AOL
We have 122 other meanings of AOL in our Acronym Attic
- Airborne Oceanographic LIDAR
- Aircraft Operating Limit
- Alarm on LAN
- Algebra of Limits (mathematical analysis)
- All Operator Letter (airline industry)
- Alliance of Light
- America Online, Inc.
- Ampullae of Lorenzini (sensing organs; fish)
- Angel of Light
- Application Object Library
- Área de Olho de Lombo
- Area of Limitation (US DoD)
- Army of Light (Starwars Galaxies guild)
- Art of Living
- Assyria on Line
- Asynchronous On-Line (training)
- Atmosphere, Ocean, Land
- America Online Instant Messenger
- Acquisition of Land Act (Australia)
- Advanced Organization of Los Angeles (Scientology; Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Crooked Fingers Monday, WOW Hall When Eric Bachmann was with his previous band, Archers of Loaf, he made music that's often described as an- gular.