Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) signed $ 400 million contracts to make and launch the sixth generation satellite (Badr7) in Riyadh yesterday.
What does ARABSAT stand for?
ARABSAT stands for Arab Satellite Communications Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Armored Reconnaissance Airborne Assault Vehicle
- Active, Retentive, Anchorage, Baseplate (orthodontic upper removable appliance design)
- Algemeen Reglement voor de Arbeidsbescherming (Dutch: General Regulations for Labor; Belgium)
- Ancient Records of Assyria and Babylonia (Daniel David Luckenbill)
- Antifaschistische Revolutionäre Aktion Berlin
- Association of Racing Arabian Breeders (Michigan)
- Association of Ridgecrest Arabian Breeders (California)
- Australian Research Assembly on Brassicas (est. 1977)
- Arab Fashion Week
- American Registry of Arab Bred Sporthorses
- Académie Royale des Arts du Canada (French: Royal Canadian Academy of Arts)
- Accreditation and Registration Advisory Council
- Accredited Review Appraisers Council
- Acid Rain Advisory Committee
- Administrative Restructuring Advisory Committee (US NIH)
- Advantage Rent-a-Car (various locations)
- Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee (various organizations)
- Alliance Restoration and Consulting (various organizations)
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center (Snowmass Village, CO)
- Archer-Ragsdale Arizona Chapter (Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During its extraordinary session, held in Doha on June 2th, 2012, the Arab League Council adopted "the shameful decision" asking the administrations of the Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the Egyptian Satellite Company (NileSat) to take the necessary measures to cease the broadcast of the official and unofficial Syrian TV satellite channels, according to the report.
Arab activists also launched a campaign against such programs and called on Arab Satellite Communications Organization ARABSAT to such channels.
Aside from Etisalat, Thuraya's partners include Oman's General Telecommunications Organization, Yemen's Public Telecommunications Corporation, Q-Tel, the Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco), Egypt Telecom, Morocco's Itissalat Al-Maghrib, Tunisie Telecom, the Sudan Telecommunications Company (Sudatel), the pan-Arab Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the private Kuwaiti concern, Mobile Telecommunications Company.
Day 2 featured Arabsat 1B, to provide communications for the 22 members of the Arab Satellite Communications Organization, including Libya and the Palestine Liberation Organization among others.
| (With photos) BEIRUT, April 19 (KUNA) -- Kuwaiti Minister of Communications Salem Al-Uthaina ended his visit here Thursday, after participating and heading Kuwait's delegation taking part in the Arab Satellite Communications Organizations (Arabsat) meeting.