Aqueous film forming foams (AFFFs) have a unique property whereby the AFFF drains quickly to become an aqueous film, which flows rapidly across the surface of hydrocarbon fuels ahead of the foam blanket to achieve rapid fire knockdown.
What does AFFF stand for?
AFFF stands for Aqueous Film Forming Foam
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFFF
We have 22 other meanings of AFFF in our Acronym Attic
- Asian Fantasy Film Expo
- Army Families Federation Employment Advice Service (UK)
- Air Force Facility Energy Center (US DoD)
- Action for Families Enduring Criminal Trauma (UK)
- Americans for Fair Electronic Commerce Transactions
- Amputee Football Federation of Liberia
- Army Families Federation Employment Service (UK)
- Agent Formant un Film Flottant (French: Film Forming Foam Agent)
- AKR's Free Form Framework
- Amsterdam Fantastic Film Festival
- Aqueous Fire Fighting Foam
- Asian Festival of First Films (est. 2005)
- Asymmetric Flow Field-Flow Fractionation (chromatography technique)
- A Future Fair for All (political slogan; UK)
- American Forged Fitting and Flange Association
- Adaptive Fuzzy Fitness Granulation
- Aluminium for Future Generations (international association)
- Adoptive Friends and Families of Greater Seattle (support group)
- Academy for Future Health
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing
Samples in periodicals archive:
AN Kevin Tatum wipes Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) off of his face following a test of the flight deck AFFF sprinkler system aboard USS Peleliu (LHA 5).
In 1985, SHIPALT SSN-3153 replaced the PKP fire extinguisher in the trash disposal unit (TDU) room with an aqueous film forming foam extinguisher (AFFF), leaving a PKP in the galley.