Scientists from the US and Canada describe the impact of methanol on the environment; human toxicity, including exposure, metabolism, in utero exposure, controlled human studies, and management of methanol poisoning; animal and aquatic toxicity, including acute toxicity, irritation, sensitization, and repeat exposures; the developmental and reproductive toxicology of methanol and the pathogenesis of methanol-induced birth defects; differences between PBPK (physiologically based pharmacokinetic) models of methanol disposition in mice and humans; oxidative stress and species differences in the metabolism, developmental toxicity, and carcinogenic potential of methanol and ethanol; and methanol and cancer.
What does AQTX stand for?
AQTX stands for Aquatic Toxicity
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Australian Quality Training Framework
- Aktivieren, Qualifizieren, Trainieren, Investieren, Vermitteln (German: Enable, Qualify, Train, Invest, Procure; Act to Reform the Labor Policy Instruments; Germany)
- Al Qaeda Training Manual
- Alliance Quebecoise des Therapeutes Naturels (French: Quebec Alliance of Natural Therapeutics; Quebec, Canada)
- Arkivi Qendror Teknik I Ndertimit (Central Technical Archive of Building, Albania)
- Association du Québec des Thérapeutes Naturels (French: Quebec Association of Natural Therapists; Canada)
- Automation, Quality, and Testing Robotics (International Conference)
- Acquisition and Tracking
- Air Quality Technical Support Document (Bureau of Land Management; US Department of the Interior)
- Aqtobe Time (Kazakhstan timezone; GMT+5)
- Agency for Quality Assurance in the Catalan University System (Catalonia, Spain)
- Air Quality Unit (UK)
- Al-Quds University (Israel)
- Adaptive Quality of Service for Availability
- Adiabatic Quantum Algorithm (quantum supercomputing)
- Allies and Queers Undergraduate Association (University of Connecticut; Storrs, CT)
- Associate Question Answerers (website)
- Australasian Quaternary Association
- Automated Quantitative Analysis System
- Approach to a Quantitative Follow-Up of Non-Thyroidal Illness Syndrome (clinical trial)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In order to be eligible for the Nordic and EU Ecolabel, ingredient formulations for each individual cleaning product group must fulfill certain criteria regarding safety toward health or the environment; for example, bans or limits certain hazardous substances, aquatic toxicity or biodegradability.
Diazinon is also a restricted use pesticide due to avian and aquatic toxicity and can only be used by certified applicators or people under their direct supervision.
Ecosurf EH surfactants have an excellent environmental profile, are biodegradable with low aquatic toxicity and meet the criteria for the U.
The results were then evaluated for compliance with established regulatory standards and published aquatic toxicity criteria.
Methods for aquatic toxicity identification evaluation: Phase I toxicity characterization procedures, Second Edition.