Summary: It's April Fools Day and that means strange stories are appearing in the morning papers.
What does AFD stand for?
AFD stands for April Fools Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AFD
We have 208 other meanings of AFD in our Acronym Attic
- Ancillary Function Driver
- Angwin Fire Department (Angwin, CA)
- Annual Fund Drive (various organizations)
- Anti Friction Device (ski bindings)
- Anticipatory Failure Determination
- Apical Fibrobullous Disease
- Application for Degree (form)
- Approved for Design
- Approximately Finite Dimensional
- April Fool's Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
April Fools Day is believed to have started in 1564 when King Charles IX of France adopted the Gregorian calendar, shifting New Year celebrations from April 1 to January 1.
Although no one is 100 per cent sure, it is generally agreed that April Fools Day started circa 1564.