Easter and April Fool's Day are two of spring's biggest holidays, and a rumor has been spreading virally online that in 2013 these two occasions fall on the same day.
What does AFD stand for?
AFD stands for April Fool's Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AFD
We have 208 other meanings of AFD in our Acronym Attic
- Analyse Fonctionnelle Detaillee (French: Detailed Functional Analysis)
- Ancillary Function Driver
- Angwin Fire Department (Angwin, CA)
- Annual Fund Drive (various organizations)
- Anti Friction Device (ski bindings)
- Anticipatory Failure Determination
- Apical Fibrobullous Disease
- Application for Degree (form)
- Approved for Design
- Approximately Finite Dimensional
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Apr 3 ( ANI ): Rihanna has revealed that her best ever April Fool's Day prank was when she and her best friend convinced her buddy's sister that she was pregnant.
KEEP your wits about you tomorrow as it's April 1 - otherwise known as April Fool's Day.
Homer Simpson's unique take on April Fool's Day April 1st: This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three-hundred and sixty-four.
Byline: Sue Carroll STORIES that appeared in the papers on April Fool's Day included gipsies setting up camp on the Queen's lawn, EU legislation to ban April Fool's Day, school meals funded by the lottery, Gordon Brown to make one million people richer, Viagra turning men blind, Ron Atkinson to become the Trinidad and Tobago coach and eco-friendly sheep to graze the turf at Wembley.