Police say the incident happened when they were called to the man's house after reports of an apprehended violence order (AVO) breach.
What does AVO stand for?
AVO stands for Apprehended Violence Order (criminal justice)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AVO
We have 45 other meanings of AVO in our Acronym Attic
- Adversary and Vulnerability Operations (USJFCOM)
- Air Vehicle Operator
- Alaska Volcano Observatory
- Allam Vedelmi Osztag (Hungarian security squad)
- American Vehicle Owners
- Amplitude Variation with Offset (similar to AVA)
- Amplitude-Versus-Offset (stratigraphic modelling and interpretation methodology)
- Amps - Volts - Ohms meter (electrical test instrument)
- Announcer Voice Over
- Apple Vs Orange (website)
- Asociace Vyzkumnych Organizaci (Czech: Association of Research Organizations)
- Astrophysical Virtual Observatory
- Atlantique Voile Orléanaise (French: Atlantic Sailing Orleans; Orléans, France)
- Audio Visual Observation
- Audio-Visual Object (data format)
- Auditory, Visual, and Olfactory (US EPA)
- Australian Valuation Office
- Automatic Vehicle Operation
- Available Vehicle Occupancy
- Avalanche Owners (Chevrolet Avalanche enthusiasts club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, in relation to the question of police involvement which was defined as the police filing for an Apprehended Violence Order on behalf of the woman.
A court order has been issued to prevent her from seeing or contacting her son until he is 18-years-old, and details of the order are likely to be discussed when an apprehended violence order is discussed in court on June 11.