35) Central corneal thickness It is well-known that central corneal thickness (CCT) affects the estimate of IOP using an applanation tonometer.
What does AT stand for?
AT stands for Applanation Tonometer (ophthalmology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AT
We have 123 other meanings of AT in our Acronym Attic
- Anti-Trojan (computer security)
- Antiguo Testamento (Spanish: from the bible)
- Antithromin Activity
- Appalachian Trail
- Applanation Tension (pressure in the eye)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7) When used in small eyes, repeated measurements are needed with the applanation tonometer to gain valid results, (9) leading to increased stress and possible reduction of IOP because of the effect of tonography.
The new Perkins Mk3 hand-held applanation tonometer was launched at the event.
Both he and Edelman prefer to use an applanation tonometer instead, which actually touches the eye to measure resistance and is considered more accurate as well as painless.
HAAG-STREIT UK will be showcasing two new products at the BCLA conference in Manchester next week--the DRS non-mydriatic retinal imaging camera (pictured above) and the Perkins Mk3 hand-held applanation tonometer (pictured below).
Comparison of the rebound tonometer (Tonovet[R]) with the applanation tonometer (TonoPen XL[R]) in normal Eurasian eagle owls (Bubo bubo).
The company's 'Tonometry Zone' will display the new Pulsair Desktop, the space-saving wall-mounted Pulsair intelliPuff, and for the Slit Lamp, the Keeler Applanation Tonometer.