If a provider receives an adverse determination from an ALL the provider then has 60 days to file an appeal to the Medicare Appeals Council (MAC).
What does AC stand for?
AC stands for Appeals Council (Social Security)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AC
We have 212 other meanings of AC in our Acronym Attic
- Anthony Consulting (Yorktown, VA)
- Anthrocon (anthropomorphics convention)
- Anti Christ
- Antioch College (Yellow Springs, OH)
- Apelação Cível (Civil Appeal; Brazil)
- Aperture Card Sil Negative
- Apollo's Chariot (Busch Gardens roller coaster)
- Apostolic Carmel (Catholic congregation)
- Appeal Cases
Samples in periodicals archive:
At Alrewas, former Birmingham Mayor, Sir Bernard Zissman - a member of the appeals council for the development of the arboretum - was among more than 600 guests invited to sit in the memorial.
There is no right to administrative appeal, however, and the Appeals Council may decline review.
If the Appeals Council denies you a review, you have 60 days to file a lawsuit in a federal district court.
A lay person may say all of the appropriate things about the medical records, but if they don't create a good legal record then the appeals council won't have anything to hang their hat on.
Thursday: I went to an Appeals Council meeting today for the Johnny Kennedy Memorial Foundation which is part of Debra, a national charity.
The Medicare Appeals Council is another addition to the process.