Genetic deficiency of 11-[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (11[beta]-HSD2) leads to apparent mineralocorticoid excess and sometimes presents in adulthood.
What does AME stand for?
AME stands for Apparent Mineralocorticoid Excess
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AME
We have 262 other meanings of AME in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance of Manufacturers and Exporters (Canada)
- Alternate Mission Equipment
- AmEditor (Livingston, NJ)
- Amelia Mary Earhart (pilot)
- American English
- Amplitude Modulation Equivalent
- Annually Managed Expenditure
- Antenna Mounted Electronics (US DoD)
- Antenna Mounted Equipment
- Apparent Metabolizable Energy
- Applause Media Entertainment (Japan)
- Arms and Military Equipment
- Arts, Media and Engineering Program (Arizona State University)
- Asociación de Médicos Escritores (Spanish, Guatemala)
- Assistant Managing Editor
- Associate Member Educator (fraternity)
- Associated Marine Equipment (St John's, NL, Canada)
- Association contre la Mutilation des Enfants
- Association for Manufacturing Excellence
- Associations Mode d'Emploi (French; business magazine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The absence of 11-[beta]-HSD2 activity leads to hypertension and is known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess (AME) syndrome (10).