Human apolipoprotein A-II is a proatherogenic molecule when its expressed in transgenic mice at a level similar to that in humans: evidence of a potentially relevant species-specific interaction with diet.
What does APOA2 stand for?
APOA2 stands for Apolipoprotein A-II
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Optical Answer Print
- acid position 3500 of apolipoprotein B
- Army Program Office-Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (US Army)
- Army Post Office / Fleet Post Office
- Albuquerque Police Officers Association
- Andhra Pradesh Olympic Association (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Antimony Products of America (est. 1974)
- Apolipoprotein A
- Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Atherton Police Officers Association (Atherton, CA)
- Apo Alumni Council of Middle East
- Americans for the Preservation of Bail
- Apolipoprotein B
- Architects and Planners of Boulder (Colorado)
- Associated Pipe Organ Builders of America
- Automaticka Pohadkova Babicka (Check comics)
- Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System
- A Piece of Cake
- Account Point of Contact
- Advanced Public Order Commander (UK police service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To evaluate possible functional loss during the time after death until culturing of human hepatocytes, I stressed the critical need to include demonstration of apolipoprotein A-II (ApoA-II) induction in studies on the responsiveness of human hepatocytes to PPs (1).
To assess apolipoprotein A-II, the UCLA group created transgenic mice that contain about 10 copies of the gene specifying this molecule and consequently produce excess apolipoprotein A-II.
Apolipoprotein A-II is inversely associated with risk of future coronary artery disease.
Evidence for linkage of the apolipoprotein A-II locus to plasma apolipoprotein A-II and free fatty acid levels in mice and humans.
Concentration, Protein Molecular Weight mg/L Albumin 66 400 35 000-52 000 Major globulins Apolipoprotein A-II 8 691 200-550 [[alpha].
4) containing 2 mL/L Tween 20] for 30 min, the membrane was incubated overnight at 4[degrees]C with mouse monoclonal antibodies against apolipoprotein A-II (APO-A-II; Biodesign International) diluted (1:400) in blocking buffer.
Serum levels of an isoform of apolipoprotein A-II as a potential marker for prostate cancer.