1321) studied associations of daily ambient air pollution concentrations with central apnea and bradycardia events among infants prescribed home cardiorespiratory monitors.
What does A&B stand for?
A&B stands for Apnea and Bradycardia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of A&B
- Assessment and Authorization (various companies)
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Axis & Allies (Milton Bradley board game)
- Applications and Analysis Division
- Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment (Royal Air Force; Boscombe Down, Great Britain)
- Axis and Allies Pacific (gaming)
- Advisory and Assistance Services
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Supplement (Journal)
- Above and Beyond
- Akbar & Birbal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the underlying causes of apnea and bradycardia are unclear, some evidence suggests that immaturity in the autonomic control of the nervous and/or respiratory systems may be involved, which makes a link with increased vulnerability to the effects of air pollution plausible.
METHODS: The home monitors record the electrocardiogram, heart rate, and respiratory effort for detected apnea and bradycardia events in high-risk infants [primarily premature and low birth weight (LBW) infants].