Plasmodium falciparum apical membrane antigen 1 (AMA1) is a surface protein expressed during the asexual blood stage of P.
What does AMA1 stand for?
AMA1 stands for Apical Membrane Antigen 1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMA1
- Automatic Memory Allocation
- Automatic Message Accounting
- Automobile Manufacturers Association
- Average Minute Audience (entertainment metric)
- Azienda Municipale Ambiente (Rome, Italy)
- Azimuth Motor Assembly
- American Medical Association Enterprise Information Base
- Atlas Motor Analyzer
- Office of Assistant Manager-Security Transition Program Office
- Automatic Message Accounting/Call Detail Recording
- Autonomous Maintenance in Aspergillus (plasmids)
- Advanced Medical Assistant of America
- Afghan Medical Association of America
- African Movies Academy Awards
- Agricultural Marketing Agreement Act of 1937
- Aircraft Monitor Control
- Airman Apprentice, Aircraft Structural Mechanic Striker (Naval rating)
- American Maine-Anjou Association
- American Medical Athletic Association
- American Museum of Asmat Art (University of St. Thomas; Minnesota)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Specificity of the protective antibody response to apical membrane antigen 1.
In this instance, scientists studied Apical Membrane Antigen 1 (AMA1), a protein found on the cell membrane of Plasmodium falciparum, the parasite causing the most deadly malaria.